About. Learning outcomes
The Practitioner Research Cycle
Face-to face event
Working with learners
Pedagogical content. This course explores the stages in the development of a multimedia product from client brief to final delivery. It is relevant to all IT and ICT(i) courses at Key Stages 4 and 5 that include website and web page creation, and use of multimedia.
| Resource details
|| Multimedia skills and applications
| Learning Objectives
At the completion of this course, students should be able to demonstrate the following outcomes:
Professional and reflective practitioner skills
* An understanding of the processes involved in the development of a multimedia product from client brief through to delivery,
* To critically consider and discuss the areas where learners have most difficulty, including scoping and evaluation, and how these can be supported by use of learning resources from e-skills UK.
* To develop a simple project plan from a suitably detailed client brief,
* To work with learners to plan and create a multimedia product that includes animation, audio and video,
* To support learners in the evaluation process, including user testing, collecting and analysing feedback, and planning for change.
Knowledge and understanding
* An understanding of the content of learning materials available from e-skills UK and how these can be used with learners to develop multimedia products,
* An understanding of multimedia development in the business world, and how successful development is contingent on detailed client specifications, user and audience research, and design decisions taken during the planning phase.
* To critically discuss how employer or client requirements are a key part of providing learners with realistic modelling of multimedia development for a purpose,
* To discuss strategies for supporting learners in gaining confidence in the evaluation phase of multimedia product development through processes of user testing and acceptance of feedback and need for change.
| Format / structure
Various online activities.
| Age of students / grade
| Related ORBIT Wiki Resources
| Files and resources to view and download