OER4Schools/Mixed pace groupwork with and without ICT/review of follow up
Did you try out the group work with ICT activity that you planned?
- How did it go?
- Were there any practical difficulties? If so, how did you overcome these?
- How did the students respond to the activity?
- What would you do differently if you did this activity again?
Did anyone manage to video some of the group work and upload it to the server?
- Discuss any difficulties you had with this.
If participants have uploaded some video of their group work with ICT activity, find time to watch and discuss it during this session, bearing in mind these guidelines for the activity :
- Devise an open activity where groups have a shared goal and where outcomes may differ between groups, for a lesson you are teaching next week.
- Decide group size and how you will formulate groups so that they are made up of students working at different paces (look back at documents from Session 3.2 if you need to).
- How will you ensure everyone participates and everyone learns? How will you stretch all learners?
- Explicitly ask groups to make sure everyone understands the new concept or process; make it their responsibility to support each other and check this is happening.
- Assign different roles within the group.