Lesson ideas that have this topic
|| People Particles
Running around pretending to be particles is one way of letting off steam. This is a practical session to be used with a whole class with scope within the activity for a number of different methods of learning:
- Whole class dialogue - Discussion of each part of the activity.
- Open-ended questions – Why do materials change state? What happens to the particles?
- Project work – As part of a wider science topic on materials.
- Enquiry-based learning – Children are discovering the answer to questions that they are encouraged to pose themselves.
- Arguing and reasoning – Persuading each other about their ideas.
- Exploring ideas – Developing practical, physical understanding of key scientific principles.
Pick your resource by topic: