What makes a good paper airplane?/teaching approach
From OER in Education
This activity supports these learning types:
- small group work(ta) - groups conduct an investigation and report back to the class.
- whole class(ta) dialogue(ta) - they discuss open-ended questions(ta): why did this happen? what do you think causes this movement?
- peer assessment(ta) – do peers agree?
- project work – the activity connects with others in this OER on forces, with literacy and numeracy and with topic work in design and technology.
- inquiry(ta)-based learning – an initial presentation to the class can be framed as a problem to solve; children work collaboratively (co-enquiry)
- arguing and reasoning(ta) – children persuade each other about their explanations.
- exploring ideas – the activity develops understanding of key scientific principles.