Which material makes a good parachute/teaching approach
From OER in Education
This activity supports a number of learning types:
- small group work(ta) - investigation conducted by small groups reporting back to the class.
- whole class(ta) dialogue(ta) - discussion of each situation open-ended questions(ta) – why did this happen? what do you think causes this movement?
- peer assessment(ta) – do peers agree?
- project work – linked in with the rest of the activities in this OER, topic work in design and technology, literacy, numeracy
- inquiry(ta)-based learning – initial presentation to the class can be framed as a problem for them to solve; co-enquiry – children working collaboratively
- arguing and reasoning(ta) – persuading each other about their explanations.
- exploring ideas – developing understanding of key scientific principles.